Marriott ordered to pay $169K plus six other positive results
ACC and their partners are pleased to inform you of this week's victories. The umbrella of ACC and ECC's lawyers secured SEVEN positive awards with a total value of $254,462, one of the awards was a single judgement with an award amount of $169,551.
Here is a breakdown of our substantive results:
1st Court of Instance:
- Explotación Hotelera (Royal Park Albatros) x 2 - In Granadilla de Abona, Tenerife, court No. 2, in both these cases, the judge declared the contract null under the requirements of law 42/1998 (lack of information regarding the accommodation and contract duration). Amounts Awarded - $14,085, $15,095.
- CLC World Sucursal - In Fuengirola court No. 1, the judge declared the contract null under the law 04/2012 for lack of information regarding the accommodation and contract duration. Amount Awarded - $21,672.
- Marriott - Our biggest single award against MVCI was heard in Marbella court No. 8, the judge declared the contract null under law 42/1998 for lack of information regarding the accommodation and contract duration. Amount Awarded - $169,551.
We also received news of a positive judgement against Lagos de Fañabe and Sand and Sea.
- CLC World (Sucursal) - In the Court of Appeal No.4 Malaga, the judgement has been confirmed from the first instance which declared the contract null due to lack of information (accommodation and contract duration). We also won court costs. Amount Awarded - $15,218.
- Silverpoint - In Arona court No.3. the procedure continued for this case against Silverpoint to obtain contractual nullity, recognising the credit in the insolvency proceedings which resulted in a slightly larger award than expected. Amount Awarded - $15,525.